This handy portable unit comes with chrome-plated cooking grates, and despite its compact size, it comes with the capacity to cook 50 pounds at once. When you include the fact that this smoker can easily be transformed into a waist-high grill, you find yourself with a low-priced and versatile unit that’s a perfect addition to every chefs’ cooking arsenal.
The Brinkmann name is synonymous with quality and durability, and this 31 pound unit gives you features like easy access water pan doors, durable wooden handles and steel cooking grates that used to only be found in higher prices smokers. The electric unit uses a 1500-watt UL-listed heating element to warm its lava rocks; this maintains an ideal smoking temperature of 220 degrees inside of the unit when it is turned on.
The Gourmet Electric Smoker measures in at 17 x 17 x 35 inches, and it comes with a separate porcelain-coated water pan that is specifically designed to be easy to set up and clean. Its high-gloss finish looks great in your backyard, and it allows you to smoke flavorful cuts of meat right from the convenience of your own home.
|Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker||17 x 17 x 35||Red|
Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker Features:
- Lightweight and portable; unit measures in at 31 pounds and 17 x 17 x 35 inches
- UL-listed for safety
- Cool to the touch wooden handles
- 1500-watt heating element and lava rock system for consistent temperature
- Easy access hinged door
- Can be switched to an electric grill in seconds
- Porcelain-coated pan
- Weather resistant vinyl cover
- One-year warranty
Why Do People Choose The Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker?
When asked to give a personal Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker review, most people say that the following features impress them the most.
- Front Loading Door – The front-hinged door on this unit makes it easy to load water and wood chips while cooking. When you use a front-hinged door, you never have to worry about dropping the unit’s internal temperature when opening and filling it; the door gives you easy access without compromising the temperature inside of the unit.
- Large Cooking Space – This Brinkmann gives you a large 377 square inch cooking area; this allows you to cook about 50 pounds of food at one time. This 35 inch tall unit itself weighs in at about 31 pounds, so you can easily transport it without a hassle; its convenient size and weight make it the perfect addition to any backyard, patio or balcony.
- Electric Heating Element – The 1500-watt heating element and lava rocks inside of the unit make it very convenient to smoke foods. Users never have to worry about adding wood or tending to a flame when using this smoker; the heating element maintains a consistent temperature throughout the cooking process. The cleverly placed heating element makes it easy to detach the base pan to convert the smoker into an electric grill; you can utilize the unit for both smoking and grilling without any hassle.
- Affordability – When compared to other smokers on the market, the Brinkmann shines in the affordability department. The manufacturers of this product succeeded in creating a unit that comes with the same features that expensive smokers have, but they managed to do it without gouging consumers with a high retail price.
- Ease Of Use – You’ll find that this unit is very easy to set up when you first get it; all you have to do before using it is put together the handles, rack brackets and doors. The unit uses an electric heating element, front-hinged doors and a removable water pan to make the smoking process easy.
- One-Year Warranty – Brinkmann is known for its exceptional customer service, so you never have to worry about your unit breaking down without support. A quick call to customer service can have a specialist helping you out with any problems you encounter.
Are There Any Cons?
- No Thermostat – This unit uses its electric heating element to maintain a steady temperature, but it doesn’t come with a thermostat. There is no need to check the unit’s temperature, but people often can’t resist, and the lack of a thermometer makes them feel uneasy.
- Outdoor Use Only – This unit produces a good amount of smoke, so you can’t use it indoors. When using the unit, make sure to leave it in a well ventilated area; it is specifically designed to be used outside of the home.
Brining & Smoking a Turkey With The Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker Video Demo
Check out this video demo for some insights on how to use Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker in your own yard.
Making The Decision
Our Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker review shows that this unit is inexpensive, portable, lightweight and versatile. It’s perfect for people on a budget who are looking to create authentic smokehouse flavor at home. It’s a great entry-level smoker, but its quality and versatility allows both professionals and amateurs to easily create great tasting barbecue.